Snakeskin



I have been thinking about spring and the process of molting. Creating this new blog is an act of renewal much like that of a snake shedding old skin.

Before an animal sheds its skin, it often experiences a period of dormancy. For snakes to shed their skin, they must brush up against rough surfaces. The process of shedding old skin can even cause aggressive behavior because the snake's vision may become milky and could even be temporarily impeded.

I have experienced a much too lengthy period of dormancy when it comes to blogging.  I have been brushing up against rough spots in life, and unlike so many of the writers I admire who write through it all, I freeze-- unable to find words to share. 

However, lately, I have been finding more clarity. The vision of who I am and who I want to become is sharpening into focus. 

This weekend, I chose to get out and get moving again through the woods. I am learning that physical movement begets action in other aspects of my world. So, today I write.

Comments

  1. I always admire a good metaphor for living and writing. This is exquisite. Just this week my friend, Franki, shared this with me. I think it might resonate with you too: https://brenebrown.com/blog/2018/05/24/the-midlife-unraveling/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts